Reading Time: 4 min 20 sec
Isn’t the power of words amazing, how God can use them to light a spark in our own lives?
I once read the quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupery,
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men and women to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”
I was immediately captivated with this idea that no matter what role we play in life (mom, executive, homemaker, teacher etc.) we are all in positions to inspire others. Our calling as parents, with the power of the Holy Spirit, is to foster a curiosity for the things of God in our children.
As we make that umpteenth peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or fold another basket of laundry, it can be encouraging to know that we are not alone. That women and men since the beginning of time have had the same struggles, the same frustrations, the same sin, and yet they have been used mightily by God in the lives of their families.
Have you ever had a quote immediately catch your attention, something inside of you jumping out and saying, “Yes, that rings true for me”?
Have you ever asked God why those words resonate with your soul?
I included an activity below that will allow you space to ask God that question.
So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
ACTIVITY: I have compiled a list of my top 30 inspirational quotes and instead of just scanning them quickly, I want to encourage you this week, to take some time and read through them slowly. Then choose a quote that jumps out at you, bring it to the Lord in prayer, and ask Him to speak to you through those words.
I would love to hear about your experience! If you try this activity, let us know! Leave a comment, and don’t forget to follow Most Important Work on Pinterest.
1. “The first act of love is always the giving of attention” Dallas Willard
2. “Know that even when you are in the kitchen, our Lord moves amidst the pots and pans.” Theresa of Avila
3. “Homemaking is surely, in reality, the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government, etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed, and safe in their own homes?… The homemaker’s job is one for which all other’s exist.” C.S. Lewis
4. “What if Christians were known as a countercultural community of the well-rested-people who embrace our limits with zest and even joy?” Tish Harrison Warren
5. “Children are most like adults in their feelings. They are least like adults in their thinking. More information does not make them think like us.” Catherine Stonehouse
6. “When I worry, I got to the mirror and say to myself, ‘This tremendous thing that worries me is beyond solution. It is even too big for God to handle.’ Then I have a good laugh.” Corrie Ten Boom
7. “Trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be” Theresa of Avila
8. “Children are not casual guests in our home. They have been loaned to us temporarily for the purpose of loving them and instilling a foundation of values on which their future lives will be built.” James Dobson
9. “Since it is so likely that Children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage.” C.S. Lewis
10. “God is forming us into new people. And the place of that formation is in the small moments of today.” Tish Harrison Warren
11. “It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts.” Corrie Ten Boom
12. “Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done.” C.S. Lewis
13. “Ruthlessly eliminate hurry from your life.” Dallas Willard
- “Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things are passing away: God never changes.” Teresa of Avila
- “In the nitty-gritty of my daily life, repentance for idolatry may look as pedestrian as shutting off my e-mail an hour earlier or resisting that alluring clickbait to go to bed.” Tish Harrison Warren
16. “Here is a truth you must never forget: God is more interested in the person you are becoming than in your work, or your ministry, or your job.” Dallas Willard
17. “Worship is love on its knees before the beloved, just as mission is love on its feet to serve the beloved.”-N.T.Wright
18. “Coffee is born of extravagance, an extravagant God who formed an extravagant people, who formed a craft out of the pleasures of roasted beans and frothed milk.” Tish Harrison Warren
19. “Sometimes we’re so concerned about giving our children what we never had growing up, we neglect to give them what we did have growing up.” James Dobson
20. “You must take the time to consider why it is you have no time to spend time with the Father.” Dallas Willard
Your Christian Journey
- “I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God, it changes me.” C.S. Lewis
22. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” Corrie Ten Boom
- “God wants a child’s heart and a grown-up’s head.” C.S. Lewis
“Prayer is talking to God about what we are doing together” Dallas Willard
“Only the humble person will let God be God” Dallas Willard
“So how is it with your soul?” Ruth Haley Barton
“Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” Corrie Ten Boom
God’s Love for You
28. “God has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. You are as much alone with him as if you were the only being he had ever created.” C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
29. “Few souls understand what God would accomplish in them if they were to abandon themselves unreservedly to him and if they were to allow his grace to mold them accordingly.” St. Ignatius of Loyola
30. “There is no pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still”. Corrie Ten Boom
What about you? What is your favorite quote?
If you try any of this activity, let us know! Leave a comment, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest. about you? What are your favorite ways to increase your child’s awareness of God?
If you try any of these activities, let us know! Leave a comment, and don’t forget to follo
Latest posts by Most Important Work (see all)
- 7 Powerful Scriptures You Need To Pray Over Your Kids - October 26, 2020
- 14 Fantastic Scriptures On Being Thankful - October 19, 2020
- 30 Powerful Scriptures You Need To Pray When You Wake Up - October 5, 2020